Family movie nights are a well established tradition in our house. Luckily, our children typically…
We’re big on holiday traditions in our house – the music, tree decorating, baking cookies and decorating gingerbread houses – we don’t miss out on one moment of everything this season has to offer. With all the busy-ness of being out and about, we definitely need to be mindful of planning lots of downtime in between all our adventures, and one of our favourite ways to chill out and still spend time as a family celebrating the holidays is with a good Christmas movie.
Thankfully Netflix keeps us stocked up with tons of options to choose from. Here are just a few of our favourite holidays movies you can enjoy this Christmas:
Top Holiday Movies on Netflix
- Arthur Christmas: It’s very rare to find a movie that not only my 2.5 year old and 7 year old agree on, but hubby and I actually enjoy as well. This is one of the few that we all love!
- 12 Dogs of Christmas: My kids love any movie that has live animals, and this is no exception.
- Jingle All The Way: Yes it’s all the Arnold Schwarzenegger cheesiness you expect, and yet I still teared up at the end.
- Kung Fu Panda Holiday: This holiday instalment from the Kung Fu Panda franchise is just as enjoyable as the others, another one the entire family likes.
- Curious George: A Very Monkey Christmas: I have a very soft spot in my heart for Curious George, and despite my youngest watching it exclusively (and non stop) for the better part of a year, I still don’t hate it – and that says a lot!
- Dreamwork’s Holiday Classics: Who doesn’t want to spend the holidays with Shrek and Donkey, Alex & the Penguins, and of course Toothless and Hiccup! All of your favourites rolled into one.
- The Legend of Frosty the Snowman: I wasn’t sure if I would like this sequel to Frosty the Snowman, and while it will never take the place of the original, my kids really love it!
They even have a Fireplace for Your Home option to bring the crackle and roar of a fire to the season without the mess!
Tell me, what are you watching this holiday season?
All on the Table Disclosure: I am a member of the Netflix #StreamTeam program, and receive special perks for sharing all my family’s favourites with you. I was not financially compensated for this post, and I would never share anything less than superbly stellar with my fave readers!