Being a parent is tough right? I don't know about you, but being a sleep…
I have been to many many family shows, fairs and expos both as a mother to 2 girls and as the General Manager at Gymboree and I must say that I have never been as excited about one as I am about the ModernFamilyExpo!
The ModernFamilyExpo – presented by Whole Foods Market, is launching at the Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier in North Vancouver on Sunday, February 23, 2014. I love that it is right on my home turf! Attending most shows typically means crossing a bridge, or three, but this is right in my own backyard. The North Shore has such a great community of families and I know this will showcase everything that is available to them in terms of eco-friendly, healthy, active solutions for the whole family. ModernFamilyExpo will feature experts & over 65 exhibitors in 5 categories: Eco-Friendly Living, Food & Nutrition, Health & Wellness, Pre & Postnatal, and Active Living in an effort to help everyday families find ways to take “just one step” in the right direction, giving them simple tools to live greener, healthier lives.
If that wasn’t motivation enough, some of the highlights include:
- $10,000 in Grand Prizing (including a $5,000 New Mom & Baby Package and a $5,000 Whole Family Wellness Package)
- Healthy food & beverage sampling
- Par-T-Perfect Kid Zone (bouncy castle, face painting, craft stations, Gymboree Play & Music and Leap! Therapy play area, Cinderella meet & greet, and Whole Foods Market “play with your food” station).
- Active Living Zone (parenting & health workshops, and a pre-registered prenatal yoga class and a mom & baby boxing class with loaded swag bags)
- UsedVancouver.com Family Lounge with change tables and comfortable breastfeeding area
- BabyGoRound collection of second hand baby & child gear for low income families
- Bullfrog powered event with 100% BC wind power and TravelSmart bicycle valet
You can get tickets for this great event for just $8 online in advance (click the banner above) or $10 cash at the door and kids under 12 are free! Or, you could enter the amazing Ultimate Date Night giveaway below and not only scoop up 4 tickets, but also one night accommodation at the Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier (Harbourview Room), dinner for 2 in the Lobby Restaurant at the Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier and a $100 gift certificate for services at Avita Health & Massage Therapy Centre – a value of $390!
Can’t wait to see you there!