As the new year approaches, people often get reflective and introspective, pondering the things they…
It’s that time of year when PSLs take over and it’s pumpkin everything. And even though we’re saying goodbye to the warm weather of Summer, there are so many fun things to do in the Fall. Keeping the kids entertained when the weather is cooler and grey can get tough, but there’s plenty to do- especially if you don’t mind putting on rain boots and a coat!- and I’m sharing 5 fun ideas to do with your family this season.
- Visit a pumpkin patch. OK so this is kind of an obvious/ classic idea, but who doesn’t have fond memories of visiting a muddy patch and picking out the perfect pumpkin? And you don’t even have to wait until Halloween to go- many patches have other activities like tractor rides and animal areas for kids, making them perfect for a Fall playdate!
- Make apple anything. Pie, crumble, cider… There are so many options with this tasty fruit and you have fun involving your kids in the kitchen. Or make a date night out of it and enjoy some time together after the kids go to bed. What’s your favourite apple recipe?
- Make leaf art. This is a great way to encourage creativity and to get your kids outside. Encourage them to find leaves that are different shapes and sizes and bring them home to include in an art project. Leaf rubbings, a collage, or a mobile are 3 simple ideas.
- Go to the library. This is fun to do year- round, but there’s something about the Fall that makes me want to cozy up with the girls with a cup of tea and a stack of books. Pick a theme like Fall, Thanksgiving, etc or just pick out some fun titles to enjoy as a family. And make sure to check out the variety of activities your local library offers through the Fall while you’re there!
- Have a craft day. This is perfect if you like to give home made gifts- pick out some ideas you can make with the kids and enjoy some time getting crafty. Added bonus: you’ll be ready for the holidays when it comes time to making your gift list!
What are your favourite things to do in the Fall? I love hearing what others like to do with their families!
For more fun ideas to do in the Fall check out my Good Fun- Fall Pinterest board! Happy pinning!
Image source: Pinterest